Social Media / Technology Committee
Please check out the BAMC on Facebook (Search "Bar Association and Bar Foundation of Montgomery County"), as well as Twitter and Instagram (@BAMC_Law). If you are a Committee Chair or a Section Chair, and you would like the Bar Association to promote something on social media for your Committee or Section, please contact Keith or Jared.
by Pat Hoover
Time 4UR Tech-Check?!
If any one or more of the following describes your present condition when it comes to your life as a practicing attorney, sorry to say it, but you may be badly in need of an urgent upgrade to your legal-tech IQ. Hey, if your colleagues won’t tell you and your family won’t either, I’m your guy!
- Is your associates cell phone a lot newer than yours, and about a thousand times faster, with MUCH more on board storage, and a MUCH faster CPU (brain) and offers a ton of features like scanning, client-law firm mobile collaboration, pdf generation and manipulation, easy use VPN, etc., etc., etc., most of which you barely understand and never use when you’re on your trusty old cell phone? Or, worse yet, when compared with your “flip” phone?
- Do you still continue to insist upon using an old, outdated and no longer (or barely) supported desktop software program(s) in your law office like Lotus Notes, Wordperfect ver 6, and maybe an ancient AOL account to handle your email? Or, do you seem to inevitably run into issues whenever trying to connect using Bluetooth devices?
- Are you still confused about why any lawyer would think they need multiple PC monitors on their valuable and hard won desktop real estate? Is the only flat screen display monitor you ever regularly use, your TV? Does your office by chance continue using those, big, old CRT monitors? And for that matter, if you haven’t already done it, would you have any clue as to how to cut your exorbitant cable TV connection while still enjoying everything offered on cable using only an Internet connection?
- Are you someone who refuses to partake of anything (especially law office technology) that somehow involves the dreaded Internet “cloud”? Are you more convinced than ever that the “cloud” is the worst thing that ever happened to civilization, and really no more than a very scary sieve of confidential client information available for any half decent high school hacker with a phone connection to hijack?
- Have you or your firm not yet settled on getting a website established on the Net? Does the who, how and when to finally secure your law office place on the Internet continue to stymie your firm’s online presence? How about ebooks and online publications? Ever read a full length book, a just published newspaper or a magazine on your mobile device?
If you answered yes to any of the foregoing questions, don’t delay. Please ask for help today and learn how easy it can be to untangle the law-tech dilemma. You’re welcome. :-).
None Currently Scheduled
Meetings will be held at 5:30PM in the Upstairs Conference Room of the Bar Association building, located at 27 West Jefferson St., Rockville, MD, unless otherwise noted.