A big THANK YOU to our January presenters, the Honorable Joan Ryan, the Honorable Karen Ferretti, Kathryn Deckert, Esquire and Pilar Nichols, Esquire.
As we move into a prosperous and productive 2019, please see our meeting dates and CLE’s currently scheduled, below
• February 19, 2019: Litigating Relocation Cases, presented by The Honorable Steven Salant and Daniel Renart, Esquire
• March 19, 2019*: Judge’s Roundtable
• April 16, 2019: Proving Voluntary Impoverishment, presented by Magistrate Bibi Berry and Ed Bouquet, Esquire
• May 21, 2019: Developing a Theme for Opening and Closing Arguments, presented by Casey Florance, Esquire, and a member of the bench
All Family Law Section Meetings are approximately 1 hour long and will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the CLE Classroom, located in the lower level of the Bar Office, except as otherwise noted.
*Meeting will take place in the Circuit Court, Courtroom 3E, and will start at 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, April 23 & Thursday, April 25, 2019, 5:30 — 8:30 p.m. in the BAMC CLE Classroom — Rita Rosenkrantz Basic Family Law Training. Speakers: Heather Q. Hostetter, Hostetter Strent LLC; Sarah I. Malik, Malik Law LLC; Michael P. Sinay, Paradiso, Taub, Sinay, Owel & Kostecka, PC; Howard Soypher, Webb Soypher McGrath LLC; Scott M. Strickler, Shulman Rogers Gandal Pordy & Ecker, P.A.; John S. Weaver, Weaver Law LLC.
This practical six hour training covers the nuts and bolts of family law, including: (1) Initial Interview/Retainer Agreements; (2) Pleadings & Divorce Grounds, Scheduling Hearings, Uncontested Divorce Hearings; (3) Discovery, Financial Statements, and Marital Property Statements; (4) Pendente Lite Financial Issues, Obtaining Attorneys’ Fees, Voluntary Impoverishment, Child Support, Taking Exceptions to a Magistrate’s Recommendations; (5) Litigating a Child Custody Case; and (6) Marital Settlement Agreements, and Ethical Considerations. The extensive materials exceed 700 pages and include many sample forms.
• Thursday, May 16, 2019*, 5:00 — 7:45 p.m. in the Montgomery County Circuit Court, Courtroom 3E — Family Law Update. Speakers: Paul Reinstein, Esq. of Reinstein, Glackin & Herriott, LLC; and Bryan Renehan, Esq. of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet, Chartered. Bryan Renehan and Paul Reinstein will present new family law cases and legislative updates from the past 12 months. They will discuss the most recent appellate cases regarding family law practice area, including such topics as child custody, child support, voluntary impoverishment, marital property, military disability pay, alimony, and enforcement issues, as well as evidentiary issues. They will also address the impact of recent legislation on the practice of family law. The materials alone are “must have!” This CLE is always highly informative, well-attended, and helps you maintain your edge – don’t miss it!
*Please note the corrected date.
• Early Spring. Emergency and Emergent Issues. Speakers will present on the following subject matters: Emergency Custody and Modification; Dealing with CPS; Temporary, preliminary and general injunctive relief; Protective Orders in both the District and Circuit Courts; and supervised access. Details and speakers coming soon. Watch this space!
• More CLE’s will be announced soon!