Happy winter to all as we ease into the holiday season!
A big THANK YOU to Emily Rachlin and Rebecca Bixler for presenting the fabulous CLE Custody Agreements/Orders and Montgomery County Public Schools.
Please join us for the annual Family Law Section Holiday Party hosted by Lerch Early! Register now at:
Please SAVE THE DATE for our other upcoming section meetings and CLEs:
• December 6, 2018: Family Law Section Holiday Party hosted by Lerch Early
• January 15, 2019: Peace Orders and Protective Orders and the Impact on Pending Family Cases, presented by The Honorable Joan Ryon; the Honorable Karen Ferretti; Kathryn Deckert, Esquire; and Pilar Nichols, Esquire
• February 19, 2019: Litigating Relocation Cases, presented by The Honorable Steven Salant and Daniel Renart, Esquire
• March 19, 2019*: Judge’s Roundtable
• April 16, 2019: Proving Voluntary Impoverishment, presented by Magistrate Bibi Berry and Ed Bouquet, Esquire
• May 21, 2019: Developing a Theme for Opening and Closing Arguments, presented by Casey Florance, Esquire, and a member of the bench
All Family Law Section Meetings are approximately 1 hour long and will take place at 5:30 p.m. in the CLE Classroom, located in the lower level of the Bar Office, except as otherwise noted.
*Meeting will take place in the Circuit Court, Courtroom 3E, and will start at 5 p.m.
• Tuesday, April 23 & Thursday, April 25, 2019, 5:30 — 8:30 p.m. in the BAMC CLE Classroom — Rita Rosenkrantz Basic Family Law Training. Speakers: Heather Q. Hostetter, Hostetter Strent LLC; Sarah I. Malik, Malik Law LLC; Michael P. Sinay, Paradiso, Taub, Sinay, Owel & Kostecka, PC; Howard Soypher, Webb Soypher McGrath LLC; Scott M. Strickler, Shulman Rogers Gandal Pordy & Ecker, P.A.; John S. Weaver, Weaver Law LLC.
This practical six hour training covers the nuts and bolts of family law, including: (1) Initial Interview/Retainer Agreements; (2) Pleadings & Divorce Grounds, Scheduling Hearings, Uncontested Divorce Hearings; (3) Discovery, Financial Statements, and Marital Property Statements; (4) Pendente Lite Financial Issues, Obtaining Attorneys’ Fees, Voluntary Impoverishment, Child Support, Taking Exceptions to a Magistrate’s Recommendations; (5) Litigating a Child Custody Case; and (6) Marital Settlement Agreements, and Ethical Considerations. The extensive materials exceed 700 pages and include many sample forms.
• Thursday, May 26, 2019, 5:00 — 7:45 p.m. in the Montgomery County Circuit Court, Courtroom 3E — Family Law Update. Speakers: Paul Reinstein, Esq. of Reinstein, Glackin & Herriott, LLC; and Bryan Renehan, Esq. of Brodsky Renehan Pearlstein & Bouquet, Chartered. Bryan Renehan and Paul Reinstein will present new family law cases and legislative updates from the past 12 months. They will discuss the most recent appellate cases regarding family law practice area, including such topics as child custody, child support, voluntary impoverishment, marital property, military disability pay, alimony, and enforcement issues, as well as evidentiary issues. They will also address the impact of recent legislation on the practice of family law. The materials alone are “must have!” This CLE is always highly informative, well-attended, and helps you maintain your edge – don’t miss it!
• More CLE’s will be announced soon!