Circuit Court Bench Bar Committee
The Clerk of the Court, Barbara Meiklejohn, brings the following matters to your attention:
• When filing a new suit, address for all parties per MD Rule 1-301. An original pleading shall contain the names and addresses, including zip code, of all parties to the action.
• Every pleading and paper of a party represented by an attorney shall be signed by at least one attorney who has been admitted to the practice law in this State. MD Rule 1-311.
• Please submit blank orders with your motions.
• The Criminal Department requires verification that you are member of the Bar in good standing before requesting blank Subpoenas.
• When filing a Motion to Consolidate please include an original and a copy for each consolidated case.
• For a Writ of Garnishment please file the original request and three (3) copies for service.
• When orders are submitted with a motion please proofread your orders. In the Family Department alone there were over seventy-five (75) orders that needed to be sent back for corrections.
• Please encourage your clients to submit a change of address if they move. This will also help the Finance Department when sending refund checks for costs and fines.
The Clerk would like to know of any concerns, questions or suggestions you might have regarding her departments and/or procedures. Phone: 240-777-9464; email: email@example.com.
As a reminder, the BAMC’s Circuit Court Bench-Bar Committee will serve as a vehicle by which an attorney member of the Bar may informally and anonymously express a comment regarding a judicial member of the Circuit Court bench. In this regard, the Bench-Bar Committee, through its chair or other designated committee or subcommittee members, whom receive a comment about a judge through a telephone call or correspondence, then will exercise its discretion to determine whether the comment is of an appropriate nature to communicate to the subject judge, in an anonymous manner. The BAMC is fortunate to have judges and attorneys who value informal avenues of communication that enhance the opportunity to reduce conflict between attorneys and judges, and improve both the access to, and the administration of, justice in Montgomery County.
If you have any concerns to bring to the Committee’s attention, please feel free to contact any Committee member or Co-Chairs David C. Merkin at (301) 762-9200 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Michael A. Taylor at (301) 251-2772, email@example.com.
David C. Merkin
Michael A. Taylor
June 3, 2015
September 2, 2015
October 7, 2015
Meetings will be held at 8AM on the 1st Wednesday of the month in the Administrative Judge's Conference Room, on the 3rd floor of the North Tower of the Circuit Court building, unless otherwise noted.