Collaborative Law Section
It’s hard to believe that it’s already the second month of the year! Hopefully, you have settled into your planned routine for the year and are faithfully implementing your New Year resolutions. In case you need help to stay on track, we have the following questions for you:
· Do you have great intentions when it comes to marketing your practice and often forget to follow through?
· Do you have a written marketing plan that you develop each year?
· Do you wonder why none of the marketing you do works for you?
· Do you make great contacts at networking events and then fail to follow up?
· Do you find yourself constantly having knee-jerk reactions in your law practice and feeling frustrated by your lack of time to get to the really important tasks?
If you can relate to any of the challenges identified above, you might want to attend Craig Strent’s presentation at our next meeting on Wednesday, February 17, 2016. Craig and his partner started Apex Home Loans in a hallway in Greenbelt, Maryland in 1998. Today, Apex Home Loans is one of the largest independent mortgage banking firms in our region, with more than ninety employees and six branch offices across five states. Craig will give a presentation on how he finds time to do it all, while nurturing and expanding his client base. He is recognized as one of the top Mortgage Originators in America and speaks regularly on marketing topics.
We wish to note, as a caveat, that mortgage business is clearly different from the business of law practice. Therefore, we, as attorneys, are individually responsible for complying with all of the Rules prescribed in Maryland Rules of Professional Conduct (MPRC).
Eshigo P. Okasili
Eric J. Wexler
February 17, 2016
March 16, 2016
April 20, 2016
May 18, 2016
Meetings will be held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the Bar Association building, located at 27 West Jefferson St., Rockville, MD, unless otherwise noted.
None Currently Scheduled