Part 2: Preparing, Negotiating, and Presenting your Case
Speakers: Heather Hostetter, Esq. of Hostetter Strent LLC; Donna E. Van Scoy, Esq. of The Law Office of Donna E. Van Scoy, LLC; Howard B. Soypher, Esq. of Paley Rothman; and Judge Cynthia Callahan, Montgomery County Circuit Court
How does mental health impact settlement or litigation, including:
· Impact on custody determinations, parenting plans, and the BIA perspective.
· Using your client’s treating professional as a resource in your case – interview the treating professional and learn the weaknesses and risks of your case at an early stage.
· Mental Health Experts in litigation – when to name an expert, when to consult with an expert, when to do a custody evaluation, and when to do psychological testing.
· Tips on how to handle clients with mental health issues.
· What does the court need to know – presenting evidence related to mental health?
· Obtaining records, privacy, privilege, ethical issues, and sample contract provisions.