Registration is now closed
(This seminar will not be recorded)
Please Note: Early Bird Rates run through November 17th; beginning November 18th, rates increase.
Please click here to view fee schedule
Program Chairs: Rachel Grossberg, Esq. and John Weaver, Esq.
Speakers/Panelists: Glenn Cooper, Esq., Casey Weinberg Florance, Esq., Kevin Hessler, Esq., Rhian McGrath, Esq., Ronald Ogens, Esq., Scott Strickler, Esq., and Honorable Joseph M. Quirk
This intermediate to advanced level CLE will cover significant aspects, including:
(1) The Rule 9-207 Statement, and Marital Debt: Strategy, Preparation, Preservation of Claims, Agreements to Exclude Property, Binding Effect, Beck v. Beck, and Implications.
(2) “Extant” property and what constitutes dissipation of marital assets.
(3) The continuing importance of tracing source of funds in the acquisition of assets, and the effect of commingling marital and non-marital funds.
(4) Presenting FL §8-205 Mandatory Monetary Award Factors at Trial: From Opening to Closing - Strategy, Emphasis, Evidence, Proving Value, and the Court’s Weighing of Factors.
(5) Obtaining Transfer of deferred compensation/retirement assets, family use personal property, and transfer or buy-out of the jointly owned principal residence.
(6) Some unique assets: Survivors benefits, accrued leave, airline miles, stock options, MUTMA accounts and 529 plans.
This must attend CLE will inform you and help sharpen your family law practice.